Step 1: Gather information for each user.
Each user has a set of credentials which will be needed to configure each phone. For each phone that you are configuring, obtain the following:
- "SIP Address" (Address of Record)
- "SIP Password"
- "Auth Username"
- "Outbound Proxy"
You can find this information in the user detail pages in OnSIP Admin Portal under the "Users" tab in the "Phone Configuration" section.
Step 2: Download 3CXPhone
Make sure you've downloaded and installed the proper version of this application before continuing. 3CXPhone and 3CXPhone for Windows are separate applications. If your app does not resemble the image shown here, you're not using the correct version:
Step 3: Configure your 3CXPhone software settings.
- In the app click the simulated phone's "Home" button to bring up the settings menu
- Select "Accounts"
- In the box that open, click "New" to begin creating a new account
Enter the following information from Step 1 above:
- Account Name > Whatever you'd like
- Caller ID > Name that you would like to appear as your Caller ID
- Extension > "Username"
- ID > "Auth Username"
- Password > "SIP Password"
Under "My Location"
- Select "I am out of the office - external IP", then enter your "OnSIP Domain" > example.onsip.com
Select "Use Outbound Proxy server" and enter "sip.onsip.com" in the text box. You do not need to specify the port.
Hit the "OK" button and your SIP (Voice) account will be created and it will attempt to connect.
Step 4. Confirm that your phone is registered.
In the "User" portal, click on the "Users" tab. You will see a green "online" notation next to each user with a registered phone.
You are now be able to place and receive calls.
See our top business VoIP phone recommendations