As of 7/1/2017 OnSIP no longer supports the InstaPhone for SalesForce. We apologize for any inconvenience.
InstaPhone for Salesforce is built for sales and support representatives who want everything they need in one place. The phone runs directly inside Salesforce, offering voice and video calls, automatic CRM lookup, voicemail access, and all the features of a standard desk phone right within an Internet browser.
InstaPhone for Salesforce was built to give sales and support representatives valuable customer information before they pick up a call. The app automatically displays Salesforce leads, opportunities, and accounts linked with a given caller for improved efficiency. For first time callers, InstaPhone creates new Salesforce records. InstaPhone’s call logging instantly updates the Activity History of any contact, account, or lead.
Leveraging a technology called WebRTC that’s built into the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Opera, InstaPhone runs within Salesforce.com. It requires no extra software or plugins to run. InstaPhone can make, receive, and transfer audio and video calls alike. InstaPhone also supports multiple simultaneous calls.
InstaPhone works in conjunction with an OnSIP account, so if you do not already have one, please sign up for one here. You will need a SIP address and password (created in your OnSIP account) for each of your Salesforce users that you want to give access to the App. Once you create this information, they will then be able to log into the App in their personal Salesforce accounts.
While SIP calls are free, any calls made to or received from the PSTN are 2.9 cents per minute for Toll calls, and 3.9 cents per minute for Toll free calls. For more information on Pricing, please see our pricing page here.
You do not need to set up any of the Hosted PBX features that an OnSIP account offers, however they are available to you once you have an account set up. Pricing for these features is also listed on the Pricing page.
The Free Trial period for the App lasts 60 days.
InstaPhone has a monthly recurring cost of $14.95/license/month plus any applicable taxes. Your bills are generated in your OnSIP account, and are paid by keeping a Credit card on file there. You will receive emailed receipts in real time once your credit card is successfully charged, and if you need copies of the invoices, they are also available to you in your OnSIP account.
If you have an OnSIP account already, you DO NOT need to create another account. You can use your existing OnSIP account in conjunction with the InstaPhone App. If you don’t have an OnSIP account, please follow the steps below to create one.
- Go to the signup page.
- Enter your name, email, and other information into the signup fields.
- Choose a SIP address for your account. You will use this address to sign into the OnSIP Admin Portal and create individual users for your employees.
- Check for an email confirmation and click the link to activate your account.
Once you’ve created an OnSIP account, you will need to create Users. Creating Users does not incur any monthly charges, and you will need one user for each of your Salesforce users whom you would like to be InstaPhone. So for example, if you have 5 Salesforce users, you will need to set up 5 OnSIP users as well, each corresponding to one of the Salesforce users.
When you create OnSIP users, they will be given unique SIP addresses and passwords. You will need the SIP address and password information in order to log into the InstaPhone App in Salesforce. Follow the steps below:
- Login to admin.onsip.com with the SIP address and password you just created.
- Select the Users tab on the top of the screen.
- Choose Create New User. Fill in the credentials for the user.
- Create a custom SIP address or add an extension if you wish to enable a voice mailbox for the user.
This is an optional step- you do not need to complete this step in order to use the App. Please note: creating a Group will incur a monthly fee beyond the $14.95/license/month InstaPhone charge.
- From the OnSIP Admin Portal, select the Groups tab at the top of the page.
- Click Create New Group.
- Give the group a name.
- Select the preferred Ring Strategy. Simultaneous ring will ring everybody’s phone at the same time (the first to answer takes the call). Hunt group calls each user sequentially, starting at the top of the Group List.
- Add Users to and from the ‘In Group’ column using the horizontal arrows.
- Click save to store the group.
Note: Your free trial of InstaPhone for Salesforce does not cover minutes on calls to landline phones. Outbound/Inbound calls are 2.9 ¢ per minute under our Pay-As-You-Go plan. To add calling credit to your account, follow the steps below.
- Login to the admin portal
- Click on the account tab at the top of the page
- Click the Add link under Credit Card Info. Add your credit card information into this field.
- Click the Purchase link under PSTN (Prepaid). Select the amount of calling credit in increments of ten.
- Click the Configure auto refill link to set up automatic replenishment of your prepaid calling credit when it drops below a certain amount. Once you’ve selected the amount, click Save.
- Login to your Salesforce account.
- Click the rightmost drop down menu on Salesforce dashboard. Select AppExchange.
- Search for InstaPhone in the AppExchange search bar. Select the InstaPhone for Salesforce icon when it appears in the search. Click Get It Now to get a free trial of InstaPhone for Salesforce. Your Free Trial period lasts for 60 days.
Setting up a Softphone Layout will dictate how an incoming/outgoing call’s caller ID is matched to Salesforce objects such as Accounts, Organizations, or Leads. This step must be completed to get the automatic record lookup feature of the App working successfully.
- Navigate to the account user drop down menu at the top of the Salesforce dashboard. Choose Setup.
- On the left menu, navigate to App Setup, Customize, Call Center, and then click on SoftPhone LayoutsNew button at the top.
- In the Softphone Layout Edit page, enter a name for the Layout, and check the Is Default Layout box to make this the default layout for your Salesforce users.
- Ensure that the Select Call Type drop down menu is set to Inbound. The below Softphone Layout section allows you to edit the caller display fields as well as Salesforce objects that will be displayed. Choosing theEdit buttons on the right side will allow you to set the Salesforce objects (listed in the Available box) that you wish to display (listed in the Selections box).
- To choose the objects to display, simply select them in the Available box, and click on the Add button. To remove items from the Selections box, just select the item and click on the Remove button.
- To customize the behavior on how to display matching records, scroll down to the CTI 2.0 or Higher Settings and select the Edit buttons for each of the items.
- Screen pops open within browser - select Existing browser window
- No matching Salesforce records - select Don’t pop any screen
- Single-matching record - select Pop detail page
- Multiple-matching records - select Don’t pop any screen
- Select the Save button at the top.
- Go back to the Select Call Type drop down menu at the top, and select Outbound. Repeat this process to define the behavior for outbound calls made through the App.
Users will now have these outlined behaviors operating in their personal InstaPhone Apps within Salesforce.com.
- Have each of your users log into their Salesforce account.
- Enter your individual SIP address and password into the OnSIP login box on the left side of the page. If you are unsure of your username or password, click forgot your password? This will send a reset email to your registered email address. Follow the link in this email to choose a new password for your OnSIP account.
- After a successful login, InstaPhone will launch in its own popup window.
- Enter a phone number, a SIP address, or a co-worker’s extension into InstaPhone to make a phone call. InstaPhone has the same functionality as a standard desk phone. It can call VoIP phones, landline phones, and softphones. Communicate with other callers via your computer’s microphone or headset; a headset is recommended for voice quality.
- Click to Allow your camera and microphone to access InstaPhone. The permission request will appear at the top of the InstaPhone window. This is a very important step that may need to be done each time you login.
InstaPhone will automatically identify direct links to customer information in Salesforce.com upon making or receiving a call. Customers who are not in your Salesforce database can be turned into a lead at the end of a call.
Go to Lead brings you to a Salesforce lead page with information on the existing customer. It will automatically appear for any associated leads, opportunities, and/or accounts that match the incoming caller ID.
Edit Lead automatically opens the editing page of the Salesforce lead. This link will appear automatically for any associated lead, opportunity, and/or account that matches the incoming caller ID.
Log Call will log call details for later review. Log Call turns into Edit Logged Call once the user has chosen to log the call. Edit Logged Call brings a user to the editing page of a logged call.
If you are ready to purchase this App for your users, please open a Support Case while logged into your account in the OnSIP Admin Portal.
- Select the Account tab on the left-side menu, then select Contact Support.
- Select Billing as the Support Issue, and enter your request in the Message text box. Please specify your OnSIP account ID number in your message. Your OnSIP account ID number can be found in the upper right corner.
Also specify how many of your Salesforce users you would like to purchase the InstaPhone App for- you do not have to purchase the App for all of your Salesforce users.
Then select the Request link in the right corner. Your request will be assigned a unique ID number, and an OnSIP Billing Representative will set up the charges based on the number of users you requested, and will follow up via email.
During the Free Trial period, the App is available to all of your Salesforce users. Once you purchase the App for a specified number of users, please follow the below steps to enable the App for the particular Salesforce users you want.
- Navigate to the account user drop down arrow on the Salesforce dashboard. Select Setup from the list.
- Scroll down the sidebar to the App Setup section. Click the Installed Packages link. Ensure that OnSIP InstaPhone is installed. If not, re-download it from the App Exchange.
- Choose the Customize tab under App Setup. Navigate to the Call Center tab. Click the Call Centerslink.
- Choose the InstaPhone link on the list. Then click on the Manage Call Center Users tab.
- Select Add More Users to enable InstaPhone for Salesforce users.
- Click the Find button. A list of your company’s Salesforce users will be generated. Check the users who should be InstaPhone enabled. Then click the Add to Call Center button. InstaPhone will then be enabled for the selected users.
The InstaPhone App for Salesforce costs $14.95/license/month, plus any applicable sales tax. You will need 1 license for each of your Salesforce users whom you want to have the App enabled for within their Salesforce account.
All billing occurs on your OnSIP account. On the monthly anniversary date of your account’s creation, an Invoice will be generated for the number of App licenses you have requested. All invoices are available within the Admin Portal of your OnSIP account. Log into the Admin Portal at admin.onsip.com with your Account Administrator credentials. Once in, select the Account tab to review the Billing information on the account. Your invoices are located in the View Invoices link on the left side, and they are available to print if you require. The invoice will list all charges as well as any Sales tax items, and they are sorted by month.
Payment is accomplished through your credit card. Please note that a credit card must be left on file at all times in your OnSIP account. On the day that the invoice is generated, we will also charge your credit card for that amount. When the charge is successful, an emailed receipt will be sent to you notifying you of the charge.
If you are making calls to/receiving them from the PSTN, you will also need to keep credit in your account’sPSTN (Prepaid) balance. As calls to/from the PSTN are made, the cost of those calls will be deducted from thePSTN (Prepaid) balance. If you have set up our Auto-refill feature, your card will be charged whenever the Prepaid balance falls below the ‘Threshold’ limit. The amount of the charge will depend on your other specified ‘Refill to’ limit. For example, if you set the limits to Threshold- $5.00, Refill to- $50.00, you will see a charge for ~$45.00. An emailed receipt will also be sent to you when your card is charged in this instance, as well.
You can also manually add credit to this balance by selecting an amount to charge to your credit card- once the charge is successful, the amount will be added to the PSTN (Prepaid) balance. This is done through thePurchase Additional PSTN Credits link.
You can access call history reports in the Reports tab. The reports can be viewed by month, and they can be further broken down by user.
If you wish to cancel the InstaPhone App, please note that we require 60 days notice.
- To cancel the charges-
- Log into your OnSIP account in the admin portal with your Account Administrator credentials.
- Select the Account tab on the top gray bar, then select the Contact Support link on the left side of the page.
- Choose the Support Issue of Billing and enter your InstaPhone App cancellation request in the Messagebox on the right side. Then select the Request link.
Your request will be assigned a unique Case number, and an OnSIP Billing Representative will follow up via email, confirming the cancellation and removing the charges.