Check out our phone review - June 2017
Step 1: Gather information for each user.
Each user has a set of credentials which will be needed to configure each phone. For each phone that you are configuring, obtain the following:
- "SIP Address" (Address of Record)
- "SIP Password"
- "Auth Username"
- "Outbound Proxy"
You can find this information in the user detail pages under the "Users" tab in your OnSIP Admin Portal.
Step 2: Download ZoiPerLite from the App Store.
Step 3: Configure OnSIP Hosted PBX user account information.
When you start ZoiPer for Android for the very first time, it should automatically take you to the "Account" screen. If this is your first SIP account, you should see a setup wizard that looks something like the first image below. Enter in your credentials in the fields on these pages as follows:
- Click gear icon "Config" in upper right. This opens next screen
- Click "Accounts"
- Click "Add Account"
- Choose "Manual Configuration"
- Choose Account Type "SIP"
- Account Name > "OnSIP"
- Host > "Proxy/Domain"
- Username > "Username"
- Password > "SIP Password"
- Authentication User > "Auth Username"
- Outbound Proxy > "sip.onsip.com"
- Device will display > Account Is Ready (in green). Your device is now registered.
* Images are from ZoiPer 1.53 for Android / Library Version d82a609 - affective January 2018
* ZoIPER Lite is the Free version, while ZoIPER Pro is a fee-based app
See our top business VoIP phone recommendations for 2017