Updated May 2015
If you have an existing number assigned to the PSTN Gateway Service that you want to transfer over to a specific OnSIP Hosted PBX you may follow the steps below.
- Log in to the Admin portal
- Click on the “Account” tab at the top of the admin page
- Click on "Transfer phone numbers between PBXs", under the “Account” section
- You will then be presented with a list of all the phone numbers for your account across all PBXs
- Identify the number you want to transfer
- Click on the drop down menu next to the phone number, you will see a list of available PBXs
- Select the destination PBX for the number
- Click on Save
The number should then be available under the "Resource" tab for an OnSIP Hosted PBX.
You may now assign the phone number to a user from the admin portal.
- From the "Active PBX" menu in the upper right corner select the OnSIP Hosted PBX you just transferred the number to and wait for the page to reload
- Click on the "Resources" tab
- From the "Type" drop down menu, select "Phone Number"
- Click on the phone number that was recently transferred to expand the view
- Click the "modify" link in the lower right corner
- From the "Service Type" drop down menu, select "OnSIP Hosted PBX"
- From the "Destination" drop down menu, select the user that has been configured for OnSIP Trunking
- Click on "Save"
For OnSIP Trunking enabled users, verify that your PBX is configured correctly and place test calls to and from a land line or cell phone to verify that the number is reachable.