Use business hour rules to direct incoming calls to different destinations based on the time and day of the week. For instance, if between 9 AM and 5 PM on Monday through Friday you would like to direct calls directly to your main attendant menu, and to an announcement stating that you are closed during all other times, then you may use business hours for this situation.
Creating Business Hour Rules
- Click "Create New Application" at the top of the "Apps" page, then select "Business Hour Rule" > "Create a new Business Hour Rule"
- Choose a name for your rule
- Set the time zone you are in
- Enter the hours of operation for this business hour rule. For each day of the week, choose the beginning time and ending time for this rule
- If open route calls to: This destination will receive incoming calls from the business hour rule only during the 'open' hours of operation chosen above
- If closed route calls to: This destination will receive incoming calls from the business hour rule only during the 'closed' hours of operation chosen above
- Click "save"
Important: please be aware that if you intend all of your incoming calls to be routed through the business hour rule then you must assign the phone numbers and extensions for these incoming calls to the business hour rule, NOT the destinations. For example, if you want to route calls to your main attendant menu when you are open, then assign the phone number to the business hour rule
Editing Business Hour Rules
- Select the name of the business hour rule which you would like to edit from the list of applications on the Apps page
- In the right most detail box, click "modify"
- Set the name and time zone as you would like
- Choose your new open and closed hours of operation, keeping aware that these are the settings that affect where the incoming call is routed
- Select the destinations for where the business hour rule should route calls while you are 'open' and 'closed'