Our Parking Lot application allows you to transfer a call to a parking lot and retrieve that call from the same or any other device on your OnSIP Hosted PBX.
Please note that you will need a phone that supports attended transfer to park a call.
Creating your Parking Lot
Taking advantage of our Parking Lot service is extremely easy.
- On the Apps page click "Create New Application" > "Parking Lot" > "Create a new Parking Lot"
- Give the new Parking Lot a meaningful name
- Choose the number of call parking channels you need (i.e. how many calls that can be parked at a time).
- Assign a PIN number in order to secure the retrieval of a parked call. This ensures that of the people not using a device registered to your OnSIP Hosted PBX, only those who know the PIN will be able to answer a parked call.
- Assign a manual return code (optional). The person on the parked call can dial this single digit to be redirected to the person that put them in the parking lot in the first place (we call this the default address).
- Choose the maximum amount of time a call can be parked before it fails over to another device
- If the call has been parked for the maximum assigned time, the caller will automatically be routed back to the default address. Select a failover address in case the call has been parked for the maximum assigned time AND the default address is unavailable
- Click "save"
Modifying your Parking Lot
Your parking lot application is fully customizable, and you can change your settings at any time. To modify your parking lot, simply click on the "parking lots" button under the "Apps" menu. This will bring up your parking lot. Clicking on it will bring up an expanded view:
You can change the SIP address, the * code for parking a caller, the * code for retrieving a caller, the parking lot Music on Hold, and more. You can also assign your parking lot a phone number so that your employees using external phones can call directly into it.
Finally, any of the parking lot details you set when you added this app to your phone system can be changed by clicking the modify button under "Parking Lot Details".
Using the Parking Lot
Note that these instructions use the default values for * codes.
Parking a call
- While on the call, hit "Transfer"
- Dial *44, then hit "Dial" or "Send" -- Panasonic devices use "transfer"
- Listen for your Spot Number
- Hit "Transfer"
Retrieving a call
- To retrieve the call, dial *45 and hit "Dial" or "Send" -- Panasonic devices use "transfer"
- Dial the spot number, then hit the # key
Retrieving a call from an external phone
- First, make sure that this feature is enabled for your call park app. If not, go into "Apps" within your admin portal, select "Parking Lots", choose the parking lot you want to edit, and click on the "modify" button under "Parking Lot Details". Check the checkbox next to "Allow unauthorized retrievals with PIN" and provide a 4 digit pin number. Hit "save". You can now retrieve parked calls using external devices.
- Call into your main business number. At the auto-attendant, dial *45. You will be asked for your PIN followed by the # key. Note that you can also call directly into your parking lot if you gave your parking lot a phone number
Next, dial the spot number of the parked caller you wish to retrieve, followed by the # key