InstaCall allows your website visitors to call your organization with the click of a button— no dialing necessary. Calls are web-based, do not route over the public switched telephone network (PSTN), and are completely free for both sides. Your organization can receive voice InstaCall calls on any registered OnSIP phone. If your company uses the OnSIP app, you’ll be able to receive voice or video InstaCall calls.
Creating your InstaCall Button
On the Apps page, click "Create New Apps", then "InstaCall", then "Create a new InstaCall".
Fill out the following fields:
- InstaCall Name - Give this InstaCall name a meaningful name for your record keeping.
- Call Destination - Choose where you want the call to be sent.
- Enable Video - Give your website visitors the option to start a video call. Note: At the moment, video calls must be answered in the OnSIP app to work. In addition, please note if your business hour rules will direct the call to an ACD queue, the video stream will not be passed through to an ACD queue (the call will be received as audio only).
- Enable Dialpad - Gives your site visitors a dialpad to enter in DTMF tones during a call. This will be needed if you send the call to an auto attendant.
- Alt. Contact Method - Please enter alternate methods of contact to your InstaCall destination. These will be shown to your site visitors in the event that the InstaCall call disconnects or fails.
- Caller ID - Please choose how you would like your caller ID displayed. You can choose from:
- The site visitor’s name (this will require your site visitors to input their names before they are able to make a call) e.g. Jane Doe
- The InstaCall Name, e.g. "InstaCall on HomePage" or
- A combination of the visitor’s name plus a 3 letter tag you designate for the InstaCall button (this will also require your site visitors to input their names before they are able to make a call) e.g. Jane Doe HOM
- Time Zone - Choose your time zone.
- Business Hours - Choose the time frames that the InstaCall button appears active. During times when the button is inactive, it will appear grey and not clickable to website visitors. Upon mouseover, the website visitor will see a message: "Web calling will be available HH:MM - HH:MM, Tomorrow" where HH:MM - HH:MM is your business hour interval.
- Google Analytics - Providing your Google Analytics Web Property ID and Domain Name will allow you to track InstaCall button clicks and calls as events.
- Click "Next".
- Theme - Choose your preferred InstaCall style.
- Button Text - Please choose the text that will display on the InstaCall button on your site.
- Instructions - Provide brief instructions for your visitors. When they click the InstaCall button, this message will display in the pop-up that contains the call.
- Post Call Message - Up to 100 characters can be displayed to website visitors after a call.
Adding InstaCall to your site
Find the "InstaCall" Button in your application list, and select it. Copy and paste the code snippet under the label “Button Code” into the HTML of your website or give the code snippet to your site administrator / web developer to handle.
- If you would like to customize the look of your InstaCall button (or other call to action), see Customize InstaCall Button in Related Links at the bottom of this page
- If you would like to send custom data (e.g. account information, visitor's link) along with the call, this is possible if you are using the end-to-end InstaCall solution: InstaCall App + the OnSIP app. To learn more about custom data, visit our page on Providing Custom Data/Caller Information.
Modifying your InstaCall settings
You can modify all the settings of your InstaCall Button at any time. Find the "InstaCall" button you wish to modify in your application list, and select it. Under the InstaCall details box, select "modify" in the bottom right hand corner. All the settings you configured during setup can be edited here.
Be sure to hit the save button when done. This will update the code snippet under “Button Code”. You will need to copy and paste the updated code into your site’s HTML for the changes to take effect.
At the moment, InstaCall requires about 2-4 seconds to connect. This means that if your InstaCall Call Destination is an auto-attendant or another destination that answers incoming calls immediately, the first few seconds of your automated message may be clipped. To deal with this, we recommend setting up an announcement that transfers to your intended call destination after it has finished playing, and selecting it as your InstaCall Call Destination instead.
Simply follow these 3 easy steps:
- Upload a recording, a ~4 second sound clip to fill the time while InstaCall connects. You can upload any .wav file you like but we've attached a standard ringback tone for you to use here (Right Click, Save As) .
- Create an OnSIP announcement using the recording you uploaded that transfers to your intended Call Destination after it has finished playing.
- Point the InstaCall Call Destination to the announcement.