Updated November 2016
If you wish to cancel your OnSIP account, you can do so at any time. Due to security and privacy concerns, we require you to submit the cancellation request while you are logged into the OnSIP Admin Portal. Kindly follow these brief steps to successfully send us your cancellation notice:
- Log into the Admin Portal with your SIP address and Password. (If you’ve forgotten your password, click on the Forgot Password link and follow the instructions.)
- Once logged in, select Account from the left-side menu.
- Then, select Contact Support (found in the Support box).
- Choose Billing from the Support Issue dropdown menu, and enter in your request in the Message box. Feel free to use our suggested template as your cancellation message:
To whom it may concern,
I wish to close my OnSIP account, and permanently remove all features, services, and phone numbers.
I have ported the following phone numbers to my new service provider:
- (XXX) XXX-XXXX
- (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Any other phone numbers on my account can be returned to the OnSIP database for reuse by other OnSIP customers.
5. When completed, select the Request link to send your message to us.
Finally, please briefly let us know why you are closing your OnSIP account. We are always sorry to see customers go, and any information or suggestions on how we can improve will always be appreciated.
Finding Your Phone Numbers
If you are unsure about which phone numbers are on your account, you can find them by selecting the Resources tab from the left sidebar menu, and choosing Phone Number from the Type dropdown menu. All phone numbers currently on your account will be listed there.
It is important that we are notified of any phone numbers that you have ported away or plan to port to another carrier in the immediate future. Doing so will help us prevent a phone number that you are actively using from being redistributed to another customer.
Note that if you delete a phone number from your account, it will be returned to our pool of numbers, where it will be made available for reuse. Please let us know which phone numbers you have ported away so that we can make sure those numbers are removed from our database.