The Smart Queue Dashboard is available once an account administrator sets up a Smart Queue on an OnSIP account. The dashboard is an invaluable tool which provides a real-time overview of what is happening in your smart queue(s), as well as historical reports on longer term queue statistics.
The dashboard is available within the OnSIP app, OnSIP’s browser-based phone and user portal. The OnSIP app is free for every OnSIP user, and can be simply accessed through the Chrome, Firefox, and Opera browsers.
Enabling The Smart Queue Dashboard
The Smart Queue Dashboard is only available once a Smart Queue(s) is set up on an account. For more information on setting up Queues, please see the main ACD Queue Knowledgebase page.
Once a Smart Queue has been created in the Admin Portal, the Account Administrator will automatically receive privileges to access the Smart Queue Dashboard within the OnSIP app. This is known as the "Queue Supervisor" role.
Account administrators can also assign this role to other users on the OnSIP account. To do so:
- Log into the Admin Portal, select the "Users" tab, and select the name of the user.
- Select "Modify" in the "Permissions" box. Check "Queue Supervisor" and "Save". This user will now be able to view the Smart Queue Dashboard.
You can assign the "Queue Supervisor" role to as many users on your OnSIP account as you wish.
To access the dashboard, log into the OnSIP app.
The OnSIP app is located at app.onsip.com. OnSIP users can log in with their SIP addresses and web passwords.
SIP addresses can be found in the OnSIP Admin Portal, in the Users tab. Selecting a User’s name will provide more info about that user, including their associated SIP address(es). That information can also be emailed to the user’s email address on file by selecting the "Send Welcome Email" link in the "Maintenance" box.
If users do not remember their web passwords, they can select the "forgot password" link below the web password entry field and reset them with their SIP addresses. Note that password reset instructions will be sent to the email address associated with the SIP address entered.
Navigating the Dashboard
Once logged into the OnSIP app, hover over "Menu" in the upper left corner.
In the dropdown menu that appears, selecting "Queue Status" provides a comprehensive, real-time overview of the Smart Queue(s) set up on your OnSIP account.
All Smart Queues will have summary boxes that provide detailed information on the current state of the particular queue:
- Max Wait Time: If there is a call(s) waiting in the queue, this is a running timer that shows the call with the longest wait time.
- Waiting: The number of calls waiting to be answered by a queue agent.
- On Call: The number of calls your queue agents are currently speaking with.
- Completed: The number of calls answered and completed by agents (within the last 60 minutes)
- Abandoned: The number of calls that hung up before a queue agent was able to answer (within the last 60 minutes)
- Failed Over: The number of calls (within the last 60 minutes) that have exceeded the "Max Caller Wait Time" option specified upon queue creation. These calls failover to the "Failover Address" chosen by the administrator.
If there are calls in any of these fields, click on the field name to see specific caller ID information, and the running time of the call.
By clicking on a specific queue's summary box, the agents assigned to that queue will populate at the bottom of the page.
This view lists all queue agents and their statuses:
- Call Status: If the agent is currently on a call, available, or offline.
- Call Time: (If the agent is on a call) The running time of the call the agent is handling.
- Last Login: The last date and time the agent logged into that queue.
Remote Login / Logout Button
"Queue Supervisors" have the added ability to remotely log in or out any agents assigned to the queue, without requiring the agent to log in / out via dialing numerical codes on his/her phone. This is very helpful if an agent has left for a day(s) off, but forgot to logout of the queue.
While in "Queue Status", select the queue that the particular agent is in. Find the agent in the Agent Name column, and click on the name. A drop down box will appear with a gray "Log In Agent" button (if the agent is offline), or a gray "Log Out Agent" (if the agent is logged in). Selecting that button will perform the specific action of logging that agent in or out of the queue.
The Call Monitor feature allows a "Queue Supervisor" to listen into any call that an agent is on, in real-time. A supervisor can listen in on the call, without the agent or the caller knowing s/he is there.
You can only listen in on agents that are currently on a call (their "Call Status" will say "On Call" in orange).
While in "Queue Status", click on the queue that you wish to access. In the list of agents at the bottom of the page, click on the name of the agent (who is on a call) in the Agent Name column. A button will appear below that says "Listen In." Click on that button and you will instantly be listening in on that particular call.
The "Listen Silently" button will be grayed out, and the "Call Status" will say Listening.
To stop listening in on the call, click on the gray "Cancel" button
Supervisors can easily switch between monitoring different calls, but s/he can only listen in on 1 call at a time.
Call Whisper allows a "Queue Supervisor", once s/he is listening in on a call, to speak to the agent without the caller hearing.
While listening in on a call that an agent is handling, you will see a few buttons appear underneath the Agent's information. One of these buttons is "Whisper." Click on that button to speak with the agent.
Call Barge allows a "Queue Supervisor", once s/he is listening in on a call, to "barge" in on the call, and directly speak with both the agent and the caller.
While listening in on a call that an agent is handling, you will see a few buttons appear underneath the Agent's information. One of these buttons is "Barge." Click on that button, and you will enter the call and be able to speak with the agent and the caller.
Queue Report Tab
From the "Menu" in the upper left corner, selecting "Queue Reports" allows a "Queue Supervisor" to access in-depth historical reports on a queue over customer-specified time periods.
User generated reports can be quickly accessed by specifying a couple pieces of information:
- Selecting the Smart Queue you wish to run a report on.
- Selecting the dates that the report will cover.
Once that data is specified, click on the "Generate Report" button.
A summary of the report will appear in the window. Furthermore, there will be both queue-specific and agent-specific reports available to review.
"Queue Report" shows aggregated statistics of the specified queue for the chosen time period:
- Total Calls: Total number of calls made to the queue within the selected time period
- Average Wait Time: The average wait time of those calls
- Maximum Wait Time: The longest call wait time
- Caller with Longest Wait: Date and time of the call with the longest wait time
- Busiest Time of Day: Time of day that had the highest volume of calls
- Calls Answered: Number of calls answered by agents
- Average Call Time with Agent: The average time agents have spent on calls
- Calls Abandoned: Number of calls that hung up before an agent could answer
- Average Abandoned Wait Time: The average time an abandoned call was in the queue before the caller hung up
- Most Abandoned Time of Day: Time of day that had the highest volume of abandoned calls
- Calls to Failover: Number of calls that have exceeded the "Max Caller Wait Time" option specified upon queue creation. These calls failover to the "Failover Address" chosen by the administrator.
- Calls Rejected: Number of calls that have exceeded the "Max Caller Wait Time" option specified upon queue creation, but were rejected upon failover because the "Failover Address" is not configured.
The summary of the report, as well as the actual call data, can be downloaded as .CSV files by selecting the "Download Summary" or "Download Events" buttons.
"Agent Report" summarizes statistics on agents in the specified queue for the chosen time period:
- Agent Name: The agent’s name
- Active Time: Total time the agent has been logged in to the queue
- Calls Answered: Total number of calls that agent has answered
- Avg. Call Duration: The average call time that particular agent spent while on calls
- Time on Call: The total amount of time that agent has spent on calls
- Calls on Hold: Total amount of time that agent has placed calls on hold
- % Active Time on Call: The percent of active time (‘logged in time’) that the particular agent has spent on calls
The summary of the report, as well as the actual agent event data, can be downloaded as .CSV files by selecting the "Download Summary" or "Download Events" buttons.
Scheduling Emailed Reports
If you'd like to have your queue statistics reports be emailed to specific email addresses on a periodic basis, please see the Smart Queue Email Reports Knowledgebase article.
You can send queue activity reports to specified recipients on a daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis.
Updated May 2016
Learn more about OnSIP's built-in reporting tools