Smart Queues can be configured to send out alerts for when specific circumstances are triggered in the queue. These circumstances include: when a caller has been waiting for a certain amount of time, or when there are a specific number of callers waiting in the queue. Queue alerts can be desktop popup notifications and/or emails, and are configured in the Smart Queue Dashboard.
Only users that have the "Queue Supervisor" role enabled can set up queue alerts. To enable these alerts, follow the instructions below.
Log into OnSIP
Once you have the "Queue Supervisor" role enabled for your OnSIP user, log into the OnSIP app with your SIP address and password.
Check with your OnSIP Account Administrator as to whether you have the "Queue Supervisor" role enabled for your user. Account Admins can enable the role by following the instructions here, under the "Enabling the Smart Queue Dashboard" section.
Enabling Queue Alerts
Once in the OnSIP app, select the Settings tab from the dropdown Menu in the upper left corner.
On the "Settings" page, in the Notifications box, toggle the "On Queue Alert" button to 'On' to enable desktop popups for queue alerts. You will only receive these popup notifications when you are logged into the OnSIP app.
Next, specify the rules for when you want to receive queue alerts. In the Queue Alert Rules box, select Configure Queue Alert Rules.
In the popup box that appears, you will be presented with a list of options to configure.
If you have more than (1) Smart Queue on your account, select the Smart Queue that you want this rule to operate on from the dropdown menu.
Select the alert criteria from the dropdown menu:
- Too few agents: be notified when there is less than a specific number of agents logged into the queue. Also choose the number of agents in the "fewer than" field.
- Too many callers: be notified when there are a certain number of callers waiting in the queue. Also enter the number of callers in the "callers waiting" field.
- Too long waiting: be notified when a caller has been waiting for a certain amount of time. Also enter the amount of time in the "seconds" field.
Send via email to - Enter the email address for which to send the queue alert notification.
You can then specify the days of the week that this rule will operate on by placing a check in the days that you choose.
Then decide on the timeframe that the rule will operate within.
- Checking "24 hours" will send you an email notification whenever the chosen alert criteria is met during any time of the day.
- If you leave "24 hours" unchecked, then specify the time frame for which you want the rule to operate within. Choose a starting time and an ending time (in military time).
If you wish to set alert times for the remaining (unchecked) days, click on the "Set times for other days" box, and specify the days and times in the same manner as above.
Select the time zone for your alert times by choosing your time zone from the "All times in" dropdown menu.
When you are finished configuring the alert rules, click on the green "Save" button to save the settings.
If you wish to create a new rule covering different alert criteria, or operating on a different Smart Queue, select the "Create New Alert Rule" button, and follow the above instructions to set up the new rule.
Editing or Deleting Existing Queue Alert Rules
You can edit existing rules by selecting the "Edit" button for that particular rule, or delete rules by selecting the "Delete" button for that particular rule.
Created September 2015
Updated July 21, 2016
Learn more about OnSIP's built-in reporting tools