This phone requires manual configuration and is not able to be configured to our boot server.
Step 1: Gather information for each user.
Each user has a set of credentials which will be needed to configure each phone. For each phone that you are configuring, obtain the following:
- "SIP Address" (Address of Record)
- "SIP Password"
- "Auth Username"
You can find this information in the user detail pages under the Users tab in the "Phone Configuration" section.
Step 2: Log into your Cisco phone through a web browser
- You will need the IP address of the Cisco device. Tap Settings "*" on a Touch controller or navigate to Home > Settings > System Information when using a remote control and the on-screen menu. You will see the Current IP of the phone displayed. Take note of the IP address. You will need it later. An IP address is in the format nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn. A typical IP address is something like 192.168.1.105 or 10.10.1.105 for example.
- Run a web browser application on the same network as the Cisco device. Type the following into the browser address bar to access the web-based configuration portal:
http://cisco ip address/admin/advanced where the (cisco ip address) is the IP address you obtained in Step 1 above.
- From here enter the default user name (admin) and password (no password / leave field empty) for the video system and click "Sign In".
Note: OnSIP strongly recommends that you set a password for the admin user
Step 3. Enter your user information from Step 1
Under the "SIP Configuration" heading scroll down to "Profile 1":
- Display Name = Username
- LoginName = Auth Username
- Password = SIP Password
- URL = Domain
- Proxy1 Address = sip.onsip.com
- Auto Provisioning = Uncheck - if this is checked it will wipe out all of the information after an attempt to register
Note: Turn ICE to "off" and turn "off" discover mode for Turn.
Currently unable to get the SX20 to register with the TCNC software. The TC firmware seems to work. The TCNC firmware is sending a ROUTE line in the registration and causes an immediate error.
See our top business VoIP phone recommendations for 2017