Created: July 2016 - Confirmed: Sept. 2017
Please note: OnSIP has no formal business relationship with DID WW and is not responsible for numbers purchased through them. This post uses DID WW as an example of a company that offers international phone numbers. You can use this post as a guide for provisioning DID's, purchased through your preferred international carrier. You will need to use the OnSIP inbound bridge application to comply with RFC 3515.
Create an inbound bridge application
- Log into the OnSIP Admin Portal portal and click on the "Applications" tab.
- Click on "Create New Application" and choose "Inbound Bridge". We charge $1.95 per month for the bridge and a half-cent per minute for calls.
- Give the bridge a name
- Select the bill to person (usually the account admin) and choose a destination.
- Open the newly created inbound bridge app and make a note of its SIP address (in my case its email@example.com)
Create a DID WW Account (www.didww.com)
- Log into your account.
- Click the DID Numbers link on the top right OR on the left of the screen, select Country and your Phone Number, save.
- Click on Trunks on the left side of screen
- Fill in / select the following information then, submit:
- Friendly name > Whatever you'd like
- Preferred Server > United States
- Username > First half of SIP Address for Inbound Bridge
- Host > Second half of SIP Address for Inbound Bridge
- Resolve DNS SRV Record > Place checkmark here
- Selected Codec under Media & DTMF > PCMU, PCMA, GSM, Telephone-Event
- Advanced Signalling Settings > Uncheck SST Accept 501
Activation by DIDWW can take as long as a couple of days. You will receive an email with your account information from them. If everything goes according to plan then calls to your international number will provision to your OnSIP PBX.