Announcements are applications that will play a message to the caller then immediately forward them on to another address. Announcements may be used for such purposes as playing the hours of operation of your business then forwarding back to the main attendant menu. Another use may be playing a status message to callers before forwarding on to your support group, potentially alleviating your support representatives from answering repetitive questions about a known issue currently affecting your business.
Please Note: Before attempting to create an announcement you must have previously created a recording either through uploading a pre recorded wav file through the Resources page or by recording your own message through the Recording Manager.
Creating an Announcement
- From https://app.onsip.com/ go to “Administrators”, click on the "Inbound Call Settings”. Then, click on "Announcement" > "Add Announcement".
- Under Basic Settings -Give the announcement an appropriate, descriptive name.
- Select the destination to forward the caller on to after playing the recording (the "Transfer To" destination).
- You can also add extensions and phone numbers to the announcement if needed.
- Click "Next".
- Under Custom Announcement -Choose the recording to play to the caller.
- Click “Next”.
- Review the information and select “Save & Finish Setup”.
Editing an Announcement
- Click the name of the announcement you would like to edit in the list of applications on the "Announcement" page.
- Select "Edit Info".
- Edit the name, recording, or transfer to destination as you would like.
- Click "Save Changes".