The dial by name directory is an application that allows callers to reach users in your system by keying in the first few letters of a name to directly dial the user that the caller is looking for.
Please Note: If the users in your dial by name directory are assigned a voice mailbox and have recorded their name for their voicemail greeting, then the directory will use this recording as the user's recorded name. If not, the directory will spell out the person's name to the caller. Please see the voicemail reference guide for information on how to record your users' names.
Creating a new dial by name directory:
- If you are an Admin, click on the "Administrator" tab. Then, click on " Inbound Call Settings" > "Dial By Name Directory" > "Add Directory".
- Under Basic Settings -give the directory a descriptive name, e.g. "Corporate Directory".
- Click “Next”.
- Under Members - Find the users in the Search box that you would like to include in the directory or click on the box beside the names to add them to the directory.
- Click “Next” and then review your selections.
- Click "Save & Finish Setup".
Editing an existing dial by name directory:
- Click the name of the directory that you would like to edit on the "Dial-by-name Directory".
- In the Directory Details box, click on "Edit Info".
- Here, you can rename the directory, add new users to the directory, and remove existing users from the directory.
- Once you've made your changes, click "Save Changes".
If you wish to delete the directory all together click the icon. Please note once you delete this it cannot be recovered.