Created December 2016
OnSIP offers the ability to host free, multi-party video conference calls right within the OnSIP app interface! OnSIP app users can easily create a video conference room and invite up to 5 other users or external contacts. OnSIP app users can join a video conference using the web app or desktop app. Non-OnSIP app users can click on the unique video conference link to join using a browser window, no downloads or plugins required.
How to Start a Video Conference Call
- Log into app.onsip.com or open the desktop app.
- From the dropdown Menu in the top left corner, select 'Conference.'
- Type in a name for your conference in the 'Enter a Conference Name' text field, and click on the green Conference button to start the video call.
- You'll know the call is set up when you see a black screen in your OnSIP app, along with your own video feed in the bottom left corner.
How to Join a Video Conference Call
Once you have created a conference call, there are 2 ways to join:
- Other OnSIP app users can simply go to the Conference page in their own OnSIP apps, and type in the exact name of the conference to join.
- For participants who are not using OnSIP, you just need to send them a unique conference link. Hover over the link icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to view the conference call link.
- Send that link to participants who do not have an OnSIP app. That link will open up a browser window and allow the participant to join the call. The guest will then need to enter his/her name and select the green Conference button to call in.
Each user has the ability to:
- Put themselves on hold
- Mute their audio and/or video feed
- Adjust the volume
- Leave the call
To end a video conference call, click on the orange Leave button, and ensure all call participants 'Leave' the call, as well.
- Up to 5 users can join a video conference call.
- A call will remain active until all participants have left it.
- Once you’ve created a video conference name, it will remain available to all registered OnSIP users on your account at any time. You can join a previously created conference by typing its exact name in the Conference page.
- The video quality of each feed may differ depending on the internet bandwidth of each participant.