- An OnSIP Hosted PBX account
- Optionally, a new user
To use OnSIP hosted trunking, a user in your account must be configured to route calls to/from your PBX. While configured in this way, the user will not be able to make use of any of OnSIP's other Hosted PBX features,including e911.
You will need to have an OnSIP hosted PBX account and be familiar with configuring the PBX you wish to use.
Enabling trunking service within a hosted PBX account is as simple as following the outlined steps:
- Log in to the OnSIP admin portal
- On right hand side of your screen, from drop down menu select your newly created OnSIP Hosted PBX
- Click on the “Users” tab at the top of the OnSIP admin portal
- Click on the user to expand the view
- Click on “modify” under the “Inbound Call Preferences”
- Check the “OnSIP Trunking” box, a pop-up window will appear
- Click on “OK” to accept the additional trunking costs and responsibilities (note: you will be canceling your existing trunking pbx in a future step)
- Click on “save” to complete this action
- Click on modify under "Outbound Call Prefernces"
- From the "PSTN Caller ID" drop down menu select "use phone settings"
- Click on "save"
Please note that the OnSIP Trunking product requires that all calls be prefixed by 000, which is the flag to turn on trunking style delivery of calls.
You can view a general PBX configuration here:
Asterisk configuration guide