Step 1: Gather information for each user.
Each user has a set of credentials which will be needed to configure each phone. For each phone that you are configuring, obtain the following:
- "SIP Address" (Address of Record)
- "SIP Password"
- "Auth Username"
You can find this information in the user detail pages under the "Users" tab in the "Phone Configuration" section.
Step 2: Configure your Eyebeam software settings.
Access the software settings. With your mouse, click the "Menu" button in the top left of the soft phone and select "SIP Account Settings" (you can also right click anywhere on the phone).
Select "Add..." options on the right hand side.
Under the "Account" tab, enter the following information from Step 1 above:
- Display Name > Whatever you would like.
- Username > "Username"
- Password > "SIP Password"
- Authorization user name > "Auth Username"
- Domain > "Domain"
- Select "Register" with domain...
- Select "Proxy" under "Send outbound via" and fill in "sip.onsip.com"
Step 3. Confirm that you have disabled all Network Address Translation (NAT) settings on the phone.
We handle all NAT related issues. So, make sure to turn off any NAT settings on the phone in order for your phone to communicate properly with our servers.
To do so, under the "Topology" tab, enter the following:
- IP Address > "Use Local IP Address" is selected
- "NO Stun Server" is enabled. "Use Specified" is selected, but server name is 'blank'.
- "Enable ICE" > ICE is DISABLED
Step 4. Audio Codecs
Under "Options" choose "Advanced Options". Choose "Audio Codecs". Under "Enabled Codecs" make sure that only G711 ulaw and G722 are enabled. Remove any other codecs listed there.
Step 5. Confirm that your phone is registered.
In the "User" portal, click on the "Users" tab. You will see a green "online" notation next to each user with a registered phone.
You should now be able to place and receive calls.
See our top business VoIP phone recommendations