So you're ready to port your phone number into OnSIP, but don't know where to begin? It's actually really easy to do and just requires a few steps. To get things started, your OnSIP account admin can log in and submit a port request from https://app.onsip.com.
- Once you're logged in, click ADMINISTRATORS in the top right corner
- Then click PHONE NUMBERS on the left side menu
- Scroll to the bottom of the Phone numbers page and you will see the PORT A NUMBER option.
- Enter your contact information, the number(s) you'd like to port and a desired completion date.
Once we receive your port request ticket, we'll email you a Letter of Authorization (LOA) to be signed and returned along with a recent phone bill from your current provider. You will need to supply a copy of your current phone bill that includes the business name, the service address and the phone numbers to be ported - circled, please. The phone bill may not be accepted if it has been more than 30 days from the billing/invoice date on the bill.
If your current provider does not list your phone number on the bill, you could provide any of the following as proof of ownership:
- Screenshots or a PDF from your online account showing the customer name, customer service address, and all phone numbers to be ported.
- An email from your current provider listing the carrier name, the customer name, customer service address, and all phone numbers to be ported.
- Request a CSR (customer service record) from your current provider listing the carrier name, the customer name, customer service address, and all phone numbers to be ported.
When you've submitted all of your paperwork properly, we'll add the phone numbers to our switch and your OnSIP account. This will allow you plenty of time to set the number up correctly in your PBX via the app. This is an important step, because you'll want your phone numbers to ring through correctly whenever the port completes. If this step is done correctly, the porting of your numbers should be seamless.
The entire process could take up 2-3 weeks for local numbers and 2-5 business days for toll free numbers from the time we have submitted all of your paperwork to our porting carrier. In most cases, a simple port request typically completes in just 1 week. While you're waiting for the porting process to complete, you can have your current provider RCF (Remote Call Forward) your number/s to a OnSIP phone number. OnSIP phone numbers can be purchased from https://app.onsip.com.
Porting costs $15 per phone number. Once you are within 48 hours of your port date, the port cannot be cancelled. Please note: If you are porting numbers from more than 5 carriers/providers, we may charge an administrative fee of $30 per carrier/provider above 5. This is unusual and we will inform you of any possible additional charges prior to submitting your port to our vendors.
We make every attempt to work with all telephone service providers. However, certain local or regional guidelines may preclude your current provider from releasing your number. There is also the possibility that your number port may be delayed from rare circumstances outside our control.
Updated Aug 2023