Users that only need to dial extensions and/or 911 for emergencies.
In the OnSIP App as Admin, take these steps in the User tab:
- Click Users and select the User to expand the options.
- On the Call Settings tab, click “Edit Info” and under Outbound Call Preferences, slide the Outbound PSTN Calls to off , You will get the below popup, select “Accept” then “Save Changes” at the bottom.
Users configured in this manner can now only dial extensions and 911.
A disabled user cannot do anything.
- They cannot make calls, their devices are no longer registered.
- Their SIP Password is changed, per security protocol.
- They cannot log into the OnSIP app (any version).
To disable a User, in the OnSIP App Admin, take these steps in the User tab:
- Click User to expand options.
- Select the Advanced tab, choose “Edit Info” and under User Account Status select the checkbox by Disable this User. Then “Save Changes”
- If you accidentally disabled a User, you can re-enable them, but you will need to:
- Restart the phone (if configured to the boot server)
- Log out/back into the OnSIP app
- Manually configured phones will need the SIP Password updated.