To use Google Cloud as your Storage Service, the following information is necessary when creating your "Storage Service" Resource:
- Project Name
- Bucket Name
- JSON Key File
Configure your GCloud account so that only OnSIP is granted the necessary permissions to store recordings.
- Sign in to the Google Developer Console and create a new project (a project might be provided on account creation).
- Use the Google Cloud Storage to create a Bucket that will be used to store recordings. Note the name of the bucket created.
- Create a user whose security credentials can be shared with OnSIP. Navigate to APIs & auth and click on the APIs link. Enable the Google Cloud Storage and Google Cloud Storage JSON API.
- Create a service account for OnSIP to use. Click on "Credentials" under "APIs" & "auth". Add a new Service Account. Select JSON for the key type. A JSON file will be downloaded to your computer. Note: For security reasons, the JSON key will only be available at the time it is created. We recommend you upload the file to the Storage Service creation form in the OnSIP Admin Portal now. Take note of the email address provided to this user from Google Cloud.
- Navigate to "Permissions". You will see the email address of the user just created. Click the checkbox then click remove.
- Add the user as a writer to the bucket you created earlier. Navigate to the "Cloud Storage Browser". Select the bucket, click on the 3 dots at the right end of the row and edit bucket permissions. Add an item. Select "ENTITY: User", the name is the email address created above. Set the "ACCESS to writer".