Similar to an external phone number, external SIP addresses allow you to assign an extension or an internal SIP address to SIP terminations on other networks.
Creating an External SIP Address
- In the Administrators tab, click on "Outbound Call Settings” then"External SIP Address" > "Add External SIP Address".
- Enter in a descriptive Name for this external SIP address.
- Enter the 3rd party SIP address in the 'Foreign Address' text field.
- Provide an Extension (optional) for your external SIP address. This is useful if you want to be able to quickly dial out to the external address.
- Click on "Save and Exit"
Editing an External SIP Address
- From the "External SIP Address"option, click the drop down arrow of the external SIP address in the list.
- Click “Edit Info” and make the modifications and then select “Save Changes”.
- To delete an External SIP address select the “” icon.
To learn more about SIP addressing, feel free to read our article defining what a SIP address is and how you can use SIP addresses for next generation communications.